There are things about the tax law and its recent changes that affect homeowners when they buy, sell and all the years in between. By having a better understanding how they affect homeowners, you’ll be able to answer questions, explain concepts and help people make better decisions. Homes have lots of tax advantages that contribute to them being good investments. Agents need to be able to explain them simply and you will be able to if you attend this valuable, free webinar.
- What determines the mortgage interest deduction?
- Who can deduct points and when?
- When is the standard deduction better than the itemized deduction?
- What are the requirements to avoid paying tax when a home is sold?
- Know when it’s better to inherit than to receive a gift
- How is a second home different from primary residence?
- What kind of records should homeowners keep and why?